a. Verification is authenticating an award of an academic credential.
b. Equation means determining the position of a qualification on KNQF.
c. Recognition is the formal acknowledgement of a qualification by the Authority.
A registered qualification is one that is listed on the Kenya National Qualifications Framework by the Authority.
Genuine qualifications can only be issued by an education and training provider if: -
• The institution is accredited and mandated to award the qualification. Always check the credentials of your institution. - Your institution should be registered and mandated to award qualifications by the relevant accrediting bodies in the country.
• The qualification is registered on the KNQF.
i. A Kenyan with a foreign qualification.
ii. A foreigner with a foreign qualification.
iii. A Kenyan or a foreigner with a local qualification from a qualification awarding body not registered on the KNQF.
iv. Corporate bodies that need clarification on the qualifications for prospective employees or employees.
v. Universities and TVET institutions who seek clarification on how to admit foreign and local system.
• Filled verification of certificate application form available on www.knqa.go.ke
• A copy of the academic credential;
• A copy of Identity Card or passport.
Recognition and Equation Process.
A Kenyan with a foreign qualification or a foreigner with a foreign qualification or a Kenyan or a foreigner with a local qualification from a qualification awarding body not registered on the KNQF. Can do the following to get services;
• Submit your qualifications to KNQA for assessment- Fill the KNQA/L/005 Form for Recognition of Qualifications and/or the Verification of Qualifications Form for Verification available at the KNQA offices or on www.knqa.go.ke.
• Submit certified copies of the following documents: -
1. Identity Card or Passport.
2. Transcripts and Certificates.
1. Equation of qualifications for Kenyan Citizens- 5,000/=
2. Equation of qualifications for Foreign Nationals- 10,000/=
3. Verification of Qualification for Kenyan Citizens- 1,000/=
4. Verification of qualification for Foreign Citizens- 2,000/=
Payment of all fees for services offered by KNQA shall be deposited to the bank account details; Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA)
Kenya Commercial Bank Ltd,
Moi Avenue Branch,
Account No. 1208626825